Vegan / Coconut Kadhi
One dish that I really missed and craved for was kadhi. My mom suggested this yummy recipe. After trying it out, I like this version more than curd kadhi. Mom used freshly squeezed coconut milk. I tried the coconut cream substitute instead.
Coconut Cream ( I use trader Joes Organic ) - 1 can / 400 ml
Water - 3 cups / 750 ml
Besan - 1/4 cup
ginger , garlic , green chilli paste - 1 tbsp
sugar - pinch
Vegetable oil - 1tbsp
Cumin seeds - 2 tbsp
Methi seeds - 1 tbsp
haldi - 1tsp
hing powder - 1/4 tsp
red chillies - 4-5
curry leaves - 4-5
salt to taste
lemon juice (optional)
Garnishing - Cilantro
1. Whisk the coconut cream and water until smooth.
2. Add besan , turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste , salt , a pinch of sugar to coconut cream.
3. For tadka heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds. after they splutter add methi seeds , hing powder , red chillies , curry leaves.
4. Add the coconut milk mixture. Boil on medium heat.
5. Garnish with cilantro and Serve while hot.