Sandage / Lentil Dumplings in a Spicy gravy
A traditional spicy recipe made from lentil dumplings.These are small dumplings made from a mix of different lentils. These are life saver if no vegetable is available in your pantry and you have to make something really quick.
This Recipe is free from :
1. Sandage - Vegetable dumplings - 1 Cup
2. Onion - roughly chopped - 1
3. Onion - finely chopped - 1 small
4. Freshly grated coconut - ½ cup
5. Tomato roughly chopped - 2
6. Garlic - cloves peeled - 3-4
7. Ginger - 1 inch peeled
8. Black mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
9. Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
10. Hing powder - 1/4 Tsp
11. Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
12. Red Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
13 . Kanda Lasun masala - 1 TBSP
14. Vegetable Oil - 2 TBSP
15. Salt to taste.
16. Cilantro - finely chopped for garnishing.
1. Heat a pan on medium heat. Add oil. Once hot. Add Sandage and fry them on medium heat till they turn nice golden color. Remove and keep them aside.
2. In the same pan add 1 more Tsp of oil. Add roughly cut onions and fry them till they turn golden brown color. Remove the onions and keep aside to cool down.
3. In the same pan add freshly grated coconut and saute till it turns golden brown.
4. After the onions and coconut cool down add them to grinder. Also add tomatoes ,garlic , ginger , some cilantro leaves. Grind it into a smooth paste. Make sure the paste is not too watery.
5. Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil.
6.Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds. Once they splutter , add the cumin seeds and
7.Add finely chopped onions and saute well. Add the grind masala and mix well.
8.Add turmeric powder , red chilli powder , Kanda Lasun masala and mix well. Add salt to taste mix well. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
9. Add sandage and mixwell.
10. Add water to adjust consistency . Cover and cook till the sandage are well cooked. It usually takes 15 minutes on low to medium flame.
11. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and serve with hot roti or rice.