Traditionally made with cow milk and ghee, this allergy friendly and vegan version tastes exactly the same.
1. Rava / Suji fine - 1/2 cup
2. Water - Boiling Hot - 2 cups
3. Almond milk or any non dairy milk - 4-5 cups
4. Sugar - 2 cups
5. Vegetable Oil - 1 TBSP
5. caramom powder - 1/2 tsp
6. raisins , almonds for Garnishing - Optional.
1. In a pan add oil and rava. Roast the rava on medium flame till it starts getting pinkish color and releases nutty flavor.
2. Add boiling hot water and mix well. Make sure there are no lumps . Let the rava cook .
3. Add non dairy milk. preferably warm. Get the mixture to a nice boil.
4. Add sugar and mix well. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes.
5. Add Caramom powder and your taste of garnish.
6. Serve while Hot.