Vegan Punjabi Chole
Our family favorite. My son even has a special dance called "Chole Dance" for days when this dish is cooked at home
Chole (chickpeas) soaked over night - 1 cup
Onion finely chopped - 1 Big
Tomatoes finely chopped - 2 Big
ginger , garlic paste - 1 tbsp
green chilies slit in between - 2
Bay leafy - 2-3 pieces
Cinnamon sticks - 1-2 one inch pieces
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
haldi - 1tsp
hing powder - 1/4 tsp
chole masala - 2 tsp
red chilli powder - 1 tsp
amchur powder - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Vegetable OIl - 1 Tbsp
Tea water - 1 cup
Garnishing - Cilantro
1. Pressure cook chole for 3-4 whitsles.
2. In a pan heat oil. Add mustard seeds. Once they split , add cumin seeds and hing. Add green chilies.
3. Add onions and saute till they turn translucent.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
5. Add tomatoes and salt and saute till tomatoes turn nice mushy.
6. Add turmeric powder , red chili powder , chole masala . Saute for a minute.
7. Add boiled chole and mix well.
8. Add water to desired consistency.
9. Boil on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
10. Add amchur powder mix well.
11. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro.