Matar Usal - Paav / Green Peas Curry with Bread
While the famous misal pav is a delicacy from kolhapur , Pune has its own version . Frequently referred to just as Usal-Paav , this is absolutely delicious , healthy and a quick breakfast/lunch/dinner option
This Recipe is free from :
1. Green Peas - 1 cup
2. Potato - peeled and cubed - 2
3. Onion - finely chopped - 1 small
4. Tomato finely chopped - 1
5. Black mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
6. Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
7. Hing powder - 1/4 Tsp
8. Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
9. Red Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
10 . Maharashtrian Goda masala- 1 Tsp
11. Jaggery - ½ Tsp
12. Ginger-garlic paste - 1 TBSP
13. Vegetable Oil - 2 TBSP
14. Salt to taste.
1. Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil.
2.Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds. Once they splutter , add the cumin seeds and
3.Add finely chopped onions and saute well till the onions turn translucent.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Saute till the raw flavor of ginger garlic go away.
5. Add green peas and potatoes and mix well.
6. Add turmeric powder , red chili powder , goda masala and mix well. Add salt to taste mix well.
7. Add water to adjust consistency . Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add tomatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and serve with Paav or bread.