Matar-Batat Bhaji / Green Peas - Potato curry
This Recipe is free from :
1. Green Peas - 1 cup
2. Potato - peeled and cubed - 2
3. Onion - roughly chopped - 1
4. Onion - finely chopped - 1 small
5. Freshly grated coconut - ½ cup
6. Tomato roughly chopped - 2
7. Garlic - cloves peeled - 3-4
8. Ginger - 1 inch peeled
9. Black mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
10. Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
11. Hing powder - 1/4 Tsp
12. Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
13. Red Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
14 . Garam Masala - 1 Tsp
15. Vegetable Oil - 2 TBSP
16. Salt to taste.
17. Cilantro - finely chopped for garnishing.
1. Heat a pan on medium heat. Add oil. Once hot. Add roughly cut onions and fry them till they turn golden brown color. Remove the onions and keep aside to cool down.
2. In the same pan add freshly grated coconut and saute till it turns golden brown.
3. After the onions and coconut cool down add them to grinder. Also add tomatoes ,garlic , ginger , some cilantro leaves. Grind it into a smooth paste. Make sure the paste is not too watery.
4. Heat a pan on medium heat and add oil.
5.Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds. Once they splutter , add cumin seeds and
6.Add finely chopped onions and saute well. Add the grind masala and mix well.
7.Add turmeric powder , red chilli powder , garam masala and mix well. Add salt to taste mix well. Saute for another 2-3 minutes.
8.Add green peas and potato and mix well.
9. Add water to adjust consistency . Cover and cook till the vegetables are well cooked.
10. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and serve with hot roti or rice.